The Montreal Diocesan Theological College (Dio) is part of the Montreal School of Theology, an ecumenical consortium which includes the United Theological College and the Presbyterian College.
Growing in God’s redeeming power, Dio is a creative learning community forming leaders for God’s mission.
Dio teaches people to be leaders in God’s world, preparing them to share the Gospel in whatever way God calls them, by
- offering high quality and innovative programmes of theological education, vocational discernment and spiritual formation for lay and ordained people of the Anglican Communion and other traditions;
- engaging the challenges of the cultural and linguistic context of Montreal and the world of the 21st Century;
- partnering with world class educational institutions, the global church, and other dynamic organizations.
Dio builds community to foster ongoing learning and support by
- nurturing an inclusive student body and faculty through meaningful relationships, common worship, and challenging theological reflection;
- sustaining networks of support and continuing education for alumni;
- equipping parishes to serve as sites of missional learning and growth;
- leveraging opportunities with the wider community.